Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saints Thomas Aquinas & Bonaventure compared

I came across this wonderful transcript on Dominican Province of St. Joseph's website on the Pope's General Audience. In this particular address, the Vicar of Christ compared and contracted the philosophic approaches of St. Bonaventure and St. Thomas Aquinas. I must admit a recent increase in my interest in St. Bonaventure's writings. In fact, I am reading this book, now.

There is a refreshing directness to St. Bonaventure's thought. It is crystal clear from his writings that real goal of all things; including theology and philosophy ought to be sainthood. As he said, "Let us pray, therefore and say to our Lord God: 'Lead me, Lord, on your way and I will walk in your truth. My heart rejoices in fearing your name'"

No comments:

Post a Comment