Friday, May 22, 2009

Blogging

Hello,

Woohoo! I have started a blog...finally! I am very excited for the opportunity to spout my musings to the world in a blog, as opposed to continually ranting to my wife. She has become accustomed to patiently awaiting interludes in my rants and adding vocal acknowledgements of her agreement or disinterest.
I intend to blog about various issues. However, I am certain that a few, apparently, disjointed subjects will monopolize my thoughts, though. My primary interests are, seemingly, quite varied. For example, I am may one day blog concerning hockey fights and the next day's subject may be transubstantiation.
My primary hope is that readers of my blog; if there, indeed, are any, will be encouraged to think about the sundry issues, beyond the headline. One of the problems in the world today is the mass media. While it provides a valuable service in keeping the populace, generally, abreast of important events. It too often descends into headlinization. Oops. The spell checker does not seems to like that word. Oh well. What I mean is that, in many instances (perhaps most), the mass media reduces an article of news to a headline. There will be no discussion or dialog of the nuance of the issue. This is a point I hope to discuss further in an upcoming blog. Hopefully, my blog will go beyond headlines and attempt to engage the issue on a deeper level; whether the blog entry concerns a news article or a theological musing. Perhaps, though, I am overvaluing my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment